The best Amazon seller tools can help you grow a lean, mean, eCommerce machine.
But with hundreds of tools available, not all of them are worth your time or hard-earned money.
So in this article, I’ll break down the very best tools in core categories like:
I’ll include helpful reviews, comparisons, and tips gathered from over six years using more tools than my accountant dares to remember.
In a hurry? Here are our top picks at a glance:
Want more detailed reviews of these tools and see the best tool for every category? Let’s dive in.
Master eCommerce with our 99-point Brand Growth Checklist
1. Helium 10 — Product Research
An industry-leading suite of 30+ Amazon seller tools to help with product research, listing optimization, PPC campaigns, profit tracking, inventory management, and much more. Highly recommended.
Pros & Cons
Helium 10 is the leading name in the Amazon software space and for good reason.
Constant innovation and development have created an ecosystem of tools that Amazon sellers of all sizes can use to grow a profitable business.
But the area Helium 10 excels in is undoubtedly product research.
Sellers can start by using the Black Box tool to filter through thousands of potential products to find the private label options that meet their specific criteria.
I recommend the ‘Keywords’ search with Black Box:
Rather than finding isolated products, this option gives a list of keywords from which the entire first page of search results fits your criteria.
This reduces the risk of selecting outlier products and helps make better data-driven product research decisions for your Amazon business.
Once you’ve got a list of potential idea you can then search them on Amazon and run the XRay tool included in Helium 10’s Chrome extension:
This gives you key data points like:
- Sales volume
- Keyword search volume
- Age of the listing
- Number of reviews
And much more data to help you quickly decide whether there is an opportunity in any given niche.
Finally, you can fire up the Profitability Calculator to ensure the numbers stack up:
It really is the all-on-one Amazon seller tool that also includes a review management tool, inventory management software, keyword tracking, FBA calculator functions, and much more.
- Black Box: Rather than searching for single products, this feature within Black Box allows you to search for keywords that have page one results that together meet your criteria. A big time saver, and avoids random outlier products.
- Chrome Extension: Helps you quickly analyze demand and competition (X-Ray), profitability (Profitability Calculator), and areas you could potentially differentiate (Review Insights). Having these features all in one tool speeds up product research massively.
- Free plan (limited usage)
- Starter: $29/mo billed annually
- Platinum: $79/mo billed annually
- Diamond: $229/mo billed annually
Special offer: Save 10% for life with code BBU10 or 20% for 6 months with code BBU20.
- Jungle Scout: The original product research tool. Fewer features than Helium 10 but equally as strong in the features they do have. Some cheaper annual bundle options.
- Zoof: A newer software suite aiming to rival Helium 10 for both range and quality of features at a lower price point.
- Exploding Topics: A trending topics tool that helps sellers identify opportunities before they become mainstream.
2. Jungle Scout — Keyword Research
Long-standing Amazon seller tools with an easy-to-use interface. Widely considered to have the most accurate data in the industry making it a great choice for data-driven keyword research.
Pros & Cons
Jungle Scout was the first Amazon FBA tool I ever tried when I started selling in 2017. Back then it was one of the only options, but has since faced fierce competition.
However, the competition has only helped Jungle Scout iterate and evolve into one of the standout options in a crowded market.
Its Keyword Scout tool helps you see what shoppers are really searching for on Amazon.
You can reverse-search multiple products to discover the keywords competitors are using and which keywords a product ranks for and therefore likely to be making the most money from.
Keyword Scout pulls millions of data points to show you exact and broad keyword search volumes to help find the best keywords for your listing and your PPC campaigns.
If you’re looking for the best Amazon seller tool for keyword research, look no further than Jungle Scout.
- Data accuracy: Widely believed to have one of the most accurate sales data sets in the industry, recognized by another tool, Data Dive, moving from Helium 10 to Jungle Scout data.
- Historical search volume: Analyze past keyword performance and trend data for up to two years to generate a full picture of a product’s seasonality and popularity over time.
- Supplier database: Not a keyword research feature, but a standout addition to the toolset. Sellers can use this handy reverse-engineer database to quickly find competitor’s suppliers.
- Basic: $29/mo billed annually
- Suite: $49/mo billed annually
- Professional: $84/mo billed annually
Special offer: Save up to 35% with bundle plans.
- Cerebro: Helium 10’s reverse ASIN tool that analyzes up to 10 competitors for their most important keywords.
- Data Dive: A fast-growing tool with advanced-level features designed to improve SEO on your Amazon listings.
- Merchant Words: One of the first ever Amazon keyword research tools, still going strong.
3. ZonGuru — Listing Optimization
A comprehensive listing optimization tool that offers a wide range of features to help you craft the perfect detail page. It’s easy to use, even for beginners, and it provides accurate and reliable data.
Pros & Cons
ZonGuru is a powerful suite of tools that can help you with a number of areas of your Amazon business.
However, its standout feature set is fast becoming the AI-powered listing optimization functionality.
Its Listing Optimizer tool seamlessly integrates with GPT-4 to take the keywords you’ve researched within ZonGuru and use them to craft a benefit-driven listing full of emotions and feeling.
Here’s a deep-dive with founder Jon Tilley:
I used the AI features recently to write a listing and I was honestly very impressed with the quality of the copy—it doesn’t sound ‘robotic’ at all.
There’s also a 7-day free trial, so you can try it out before you commit to a paid plan.
- GPT-4: The Listing Optimizer tool integrates with the latest iteration of the powerful AI Large Language Model, making writing a punchy, keyword-optimized listing quicker and easier than ever.
- Love-Hate: Reveals the strengths and weaknesses of any product helping you call out USPs in your listing that elevate your product above the competition.
- Researcher: $29/mo billed annually
- Seller: $49/mo billed annually
- Seller.Tools: A similarly data-driven tool recently acquired by Carbon6 and perfect for highly analytical sellers.
- ProductPinion: A great split testing tool to help Amazon FBA sellers decide between options during product development and marketing.
4. Zoof — Chrome Extension
A newer player in the space built by the founders of the popular course Amazing Selling Machine. Fantastic user interface that is a pleasure to use, and a fast-growing suite of tools for an affordable price.
Pros & Cons
Zoof is an extensive suite of Amazon seller tools with a strong product research offering built on the back of feedback from the very large Amazing Selling Machine community.
The Zoof Chrome Extension is one of its best features, containing the Product Analyzer and Profit Calculator tools.
These will help you quickly analyze search results when carrying out product research and verify demand, room for improvement, profitability, and a lot more.
Zoof is a fast-developing tool suite that is aiming to rival the likes of Helium 10 and Jungle Scout and is offering some competitive pricing plans in an attempt to grab some market share.
Well worth checking out.
- Omni Detective: A new tool that helps you find product ideas beyond Amazon that you can sell on other marketplaces and your own DTC website
- Live coaching: Weekly live coaching calls to help you use Zoof to its maximum potential and find profitable products to sell on Amazon & beyond
- Essentials: $33/mo billed annually
- Platinum: $67/mo billed annually
- Ultimate: $157/mo billed annually
- Viral Launch: Market Intelligence is one of Viral Launch’s strongest features with a product opportunity score that helps filter ideas quickly.
- Helium 10: Existing users will find the Chrome extension within Helium 10 more than capable and won’t need a separate tool.
- Keepa: A free Amazon seller tool for detailed pricing and BSR history that can help identify seasonal and trending products.
5. Scale Insights — Amazon PPC
A fast-growing Amazon PPC tool giving sellers powerful advertising optimization and automation features at a very attractive price point. The PPC tool I currently use in my business.
Pros & Cons
Scale Insights is a high-quality Amazon PPC management software created by 8 & 9-figure sellers, and its performance insights, campaign creation, and automation rules can help save a lot of time and money.
I’ve been using Scale Insights as my chosen PPC management tool for over six months now and so far after running over 6-figures in ad spend through the software, I’m very impressed.
While not as modern as some other tools, the user interface has been undergoing some nice updates lately making things a lot easier on the eyes and simpler to navigate.
As someone who has been using Amazon PPC software for 5+ years, I still found the range of functions a bit overwhelming to begin with.
But, with an improving UI and a commitment to learning the tool you quickly realize just how powerful it is.
The software has a number of helpful sections, but I find myself in ‘Ads Insights’ every day and find the granular breakdown of performance very helpful.
And here’s a summary of the amount of time Scale Insights suggests the automation features have saved me in the last 30 days:
Scale Insights also has a lot of features on its roadmap and an active Facebook group with regular high-level PPC discussions.
The SKU-based pricing means it will be cost-efficient for a lot of brands but in particular low SKU count, and high volume brands.
However, brands with high SKU counts can hand-pick SKUs for automation to keep costs down.
- Algorithms: Rules are compiled into best-practice algorithms with a clear focus like bidding and keyword harvesting.
- Strategic Objectives: Made up of a number of inter-linking algorithms to give a clear and cohesive account-wide strategy right out of the box.
- Mass Campaigns: Quickly and easily create pre-optimized campaign structures with automation rules in place. You can also create single keyword campaigns in bulk which saves so much time on that particular strategy.
- 30-day free trial (no credit card needed)
- Plans start at $78/month for 5 automated ASINs
Special offer: Save 10% with our exclusive discount
- PPC Entourage: A high-quality tool with similar automation functionality and flexible pay-as-you-grow pricing plans.
- Helium 10’s Adtomic: Perfect for existing Helium 10 users who want to keep everything under one roof.
- Quartile: A software/management hybrid solution that is ideal for large brands or agencies who don’t want to manage the tool themselves.
6. PixelMe — External Traffic
The perfect solution for growing brands looking to drive profitable external traffic to Amazon listings with keyword-level performance data for Google, TikTok, & Meta ads.
Pros & Cons
PixelMe is the leading solution for driving external traffic to Amazon listings featuring a 60-day rank guarantee.
And, given Amazon’s move in recent years to favor and reward external traffic, having a solution to help you drive that traffic effectively is essential as you grow Amazon sales.
PixelMe has been built by industry-leading experts to take the guesswork out of this key strategy, and the service includes four ket stages:
- Audit ASINs: PixelMe will confirm your ASINs are ready for external traffic
- Fast-Track Setup: Grow faster by connecting with their team of experts, 1:1
- Optimize ACOS: See results outpace rivals with lower ACOS and increased ROAS
- Scale Success: Expand PixelMe’s proven strategies to your entire catalog
Plus, the pixel functionality allows you to retarget anyone who clicks on your link to ensure you don’t miss any opportunity to make sales and grow your audience.
Here’s a deep dive on everything it can do with Carbon6’s Clayton Athcinson:
- Keyword-level insight: Whereas your Amazon Attribution dashboard will show add-to-carts and sales by campaign, PixelMe goes one step further and breaks performance down by keyword. This gives you a lot more control over optimization making your ads more scalable.
- Deep links: Rather than taking shoppers to the Amazon web page on mobile, PixelMe links will redirect them to the app – a much better user experience and with a higher conversion rate too, as they won’t need to go through the sign-in process.
- Standard: $99/mo – 20,000 tracked link clicks, no ad support
- Advanced: $149/mo – 50,000 tracked link clicks, no ad support
- Ultimate: $249/mo – 100,000 tracked link clicks, no ad support
- Pro: $400/mo – all features and ad support
- Ampd: Originally started as a Google Ads-specific tool, but now expanding to other channels.
7. Sellerboard — Analytics
A growing suite of analytical tools at an affordable price. Its main offering is a powerful profits dashboard but also features inventory, PPC, and automation features.
Pros & Cons
Sellerboard’s clear and accurate profit and loss dashboard really helps you assess the efficiency of your Amazon FBA business quickly and easily.
When selling on Amazon there are a lot of fees and performance metrics to track, but they aren’t always easy to find.
Rather than spending hours searching for the numbers you need, Sellerboard presents them all in one easy-to-understand dashboard.
The dashboard also includes tax calculations for sales tax and VAT.
This gives a true and accurate picture of day-to-day profitability and means you aren’t left waiting until your monthly accounts are prepared.
- Analytics: Get a closer view of your KPIs for sales, expenses, and PPC costs broken down by campaign, ad group, and keyword.
- Automation: Automate review requests and your PPC bid optimization based on target profitability or ACOS.
- Standard: $15/month billed annually (up to 3,000 orders/month)
- Professional: $23/month billed annually (up to 6,000 orders/month)
- Business: $31/month billed annually (up to 15,000 orders/month)
- Helium 10 Profits: Ideal solution for existing Helium 10 members with detailed analytics by marketplace.
- Shopkeeper: Slightly more expensive than Sellerboard but with some additional features like an anonymous sharing mode and cha-ching notification sounds for sales.
- ManageByStats: One of the earliest Amazon analytics tools, since acquired by Carbon6.
8. SoStocked — Inventory Management
An essential inventory management tool for growing brands. When your SKU count grows and spreadsheets won’t cut it, SoStocked provides the next-level solution to ensure you never over or under-stock.
Pros & Cons
SoStocked is the Amazon inventory management tool I use right now and comes highly recommended.
It helps me manage supply chain logistics for over 10,000 units of stock per month in around one hour per week.
I start by opening up the Forecast tab to quickly see:
- Velocity: How many units on average each product has sold in the the past 2, 7, 15, 30, 60, 90, and 180-day periods.
- Days until stock out: How long until we would stock out based on current velocity, units in stock, and inbound shipments.
- Date to order by: When we need to place an order by and for how many units to maintain optimal inventory flow
The dates are set by pre-determined lead times that you can set within the Inventory tab.
I can then quickly create purchase orders with pre-populated supplier and product information and submit it to my suppliers all from within the SoStocked dashboard.
You can get as granular as you need, too.
With settings to account for peak sales periods or special promotions like Lightning Deals you can make sure your forecasts are far more accurate than a spreadsheet ever would be.
And, most Amazon sellers will find that if SoStocked helps you avoid just one or two weeks of stock-outs per year, it will more than pay for itself.
Here’s an interview with founder Chelsea Cohen on our podcast:
- Command Center: An actionable dashboard spotlighting the most crucial inventory management and supply chain tasks and statistics.
- Forecasts: Monitor sales velocity and get per-product order forecasts to ensure optimum stock levels.
- Purchase Orders: Quickly and easily create professional purchase orders and send directly to your suppliers.
- 1,000 orders/month: $126/month
- 3,000 orders/month: $158/month
- 5,000 orders/month: $200/month
- Cogsy: Strong on Shopify, but has Amazon functionality too so a good option for multi-channel sellers.
- Restock Pro: A cheaper alternative without some of the more advanced features.
9. SmartScout — Wholesale & Arbitrage
Collects millions of data points to help you quickly make sourcing decisions when looking for good arbitrage plays or long-term wholesale opportunities.
Pros & Cons
SmartScout is a powerful suite of Amazon seller tools that focus mainly on the online arbitrage and wholesale business models.
The software helps you filter through categories to identify potential opportunities.
You can also quickly check the viability of a product you are thinking of sourcing and see if it is the right option for you to sell on Amazon.
SmartScout also lets you dive into the details of entire brands.
You can see how many products they sell and their estimated revenue, while also seeing critical information about who is selling their products to determine if you are a good fit.
- Traffic Graphs: A visual graph that shows any product’s ‘frequently bought together’ connections
- Subcategories: Every Amazon datapoint organized by thousands of categories.
- UPC Scanner: Instantly import product lists and instantly discover the most profitable SKUs.
- Basic: $25/month billed annually
- Essentials: $75/month billed annually
- Business: $158/month billed annually
- Keepa: Comprehensive price history graphs, price drop & availability alerts.
- Tactical Arbitrage: Provides historical Buy Box price and sales rank data to help you to source confidently.
10. LinkMyBooks — Accounting
An incredibly useful software that connects your preferred sales channels with Xero or Quickbooks to automate accounting processes and make sense of complicated eCommerce reports.
Pros & Cons
LinkMyBooks syncs with Amazon Seller Central (and other platforms like Shopify and eBay) to pull in your gross sales figures along with all expenses.
This is important because most Amazon sellers when starting their eCommerce journey assume they can just account for biweekly disbursements as sales and be done with it.
When I first started to sell on Amazon, I thought I could just allocate my disbursements as sales and be done.
But of course, the reality is far from that as you are legally required to account for gross sales figures and any expenses.
Whereas the Amazon seller app reports expenses in a vast amount of random categories, LinkMyBooks automatically groups these categories to enable clean, efficient, and transparent reporting of your numbers.
The LinkMyBooks accounting software is easy to use, even for those with no accounting background.
I’ve been using this tool for years now, and it’s honestly one of the most helpful tools I’ve ever used.
To get started, simply start a free trial, connect your Amazon Seller Central accounts and the software will pull in your historical data to enable proper bookkeeping to be carried out and accurate cash flow analysis performed.
- Guided Setup Wizard: Quickly and easily get set up with the perfect settings by choosing your account and tax structure once, and the tool will automatically allocate everything in the future.
- Tax Support: Sales tax calculations, VAT, and GST are all a breeze with the built-in tax management aspects.
- Lite (1 sales channel): From $17/month
- Pro (5 sales channels): From $29/month
- Premium (10 sales channels): From $56/month
Exclusive offer: Free trial and 50% off for 3 months.
- EcomBalance: A done-for-you bookkeeping service that will manage LinkMyBooks and produce monthly financial reports.
- Finaloop: AI-driven bookkeeping that looks to cut costs with automation and provide real-time reporting. (For US businesses)
- Osome: A similar solution to Finaloop but designed for UK businesses.
11. Seller Investigators — Reimbursements
Amazon sellers can be owed thousands in reimbursements without knowing it, and Seller Investigators are the best in the industry at getting as much of the owed money back as possible.
Pros & Cons
Seller Investigators is a vital service for growing Amazon sellers.
Like any large-scale warehousing and fulfillment operation, Amazon sees a small percentage of stock held within its network damaged by a range of factors.
The good news is that most of these damages can be reimbursed.
The bad news is that they make it somewhat tricky for you to effectively claim back everything you’re owed.
That’s why Seller Investigators’ service is so valuable.
Its skilled and experienced team will audit your Seller Central account and submit accurate claims for the money you’re owed in the exact format Amazon needs to process claims efficiently.
On average, this can result in around 1% of overall sales volume being reimbursed to your seller account.
You will have to forego 25% of the reimbursements found but the skill and expertise in the team often means they find far more reimbursements than you could.
Plus, it’s one more thing that gives back your most precious asset: time.
Want to learn more? Here’s a deep-dive interview with Seller Investigators co-founder Lee Loree:
- Free Audit: Before committing you can have one of the team audit your account and see just how much you could be owed in potential reimbursement.
- People Powered: While Seller Investigators no doubt use software tools to help them in their efforts, the claims are researched, reviewed, and submitted by real, experienced humans.
- Free audit
- 25% of the reimbursement value you receive
- GETIDA: A slightly more tech-driven (rather than human-driven) approach, but the same fees.
- Refund Genie: Helium 10’s refund tool can help you carry out the process manually, but you will need to do all the work of submitting claims.
12. 8fig — Financing
Growing an Amazon business is a capital-intensive operation, but 8fig is the perfect solution to help overcome cashflow challenges with non-equity lending and flexible terms.
Pros & Cons
8fig is an industry-leading eCommerce funding solution that helps you grow sales by speeding up your cash flow cycles.
It’s a flexible funding solution that means it adjusts according to the revenue trends of your business to ensure it’s manageable as you grow.
Here’s what 8fig’s VP of Product Dana Oren had to say about this flexibility when I interviewed for our podcast:
“The way that 8Fig funding works is that we completely separate the two main streams of capital. One is crediting the seller for whatever they need to use the capital for. And the other one is remitting back those funds. Those two operate completely independently of each other.
So 8fig remittances are actually scheduled to align with a predicted sales pace for each batch (of inventory). And at any time, let’s say you start selling and you’re actually selling, I don’t know, 50%, less than what you had predicted. You can just log in and submit a request to slow down the remittances.”
- Flexible funding: Adjust repayment schedules according to revenue trends to ensure repayments are affordable and don’t hamper your growth.
- Strategic support: Get detailed insights from the experienced 8fig team on how to improve cash flow and fuel growth further.
- Costs vary based on business circumstances. Enquire for a quote.
- SellersFi: Get funding, payments, analytics, and more integrated in a unified command center complete with insights to help you grow your business.
- Payability: Get daily payments from your seller account to improve cash flow.
Amazon FBA software FAQs
Conclusion: The best Amazon seller tools
The best tools for your Amazon FBA business will depend on its stage and size.
For most sellers, Helium 10 will provide the best value overall with its comprehensive suite of tools designed for new beginners all the way up to large brands & agencies.
For more advanced sellers, a specialist tool can sometimes be the better option in areas such as:
- Scale Insights for PPC management
- PixelMe for driving external traffic
- SoStocked for inventory management
- LinkMyBooks for accounting
- Seller Investigators for FBA reimbursements
Whichever route you choose, remember that even the best Amazon seller tools can’t transform your business on their own.
Software should only ever complement the hard work and good business principles you’re already deploying when growing your sales on Amazon.
But when you’re ready to supercharge things, these are the best of the best to help you do just that.
Master eCommerce Inside BBU Pro
Get the expert-taught courses, live coaching calls, and supportive community you need to move forward with confidence and build a profitable eCommerce business.