What is Amazon’s Brand Registry?
Amazon’s Brand Registry is a program designed for ecommerce sellers to safeguard their brand’s identity and intellectual property. It enables brand owners to exert control over product listings, fight counterfeit goods, access additional marketing features, and enjoy heightened protection against unauthorized use of their brand on Amazon’s platform.
Amazon Brand Registry benefits
When you enroll in Amazon Brand Registry, you can access a wide range of marketing features, brand protection abilities, and growth opportunities.
Combined, they give some distinct benefits for Amazon sellers.
Here are the top five:
1. Grow your audience
Brand Registry helps sellers expand reach and grow brand awareness.
Once enrolled, you can access:
- Amazon Vine: A program that enables brands to gift up to 30 units of a new product in exchange for an unbiased review. This is a quick and easy way to get much needed early reviews for newly launched products.
- Customer Reviews: Inside the Customer Reviews dashboard, enrolled brands can respond to reviews or directly initiate refunds in order to maintain positive customer experience.
- Amazon Live: A real-time shopping feature that enables live, interactive demonstrations and engagement, captures attention and expands a brands audience base further.
- Sponsored Brand Ads: A form of advertising thatplaces brand and product ads prominently in search results to drive traffic and expand a brand’s audience with customers actively seeking related products.
- Sponsored Display Ads: A form of advertising that targets and retargets audiences both on and off Amazon, therefore increasing brand visibility and attracting a wider audience base.
2. Increase sales
Brand Registry also gives access to advanced marketing features to help increase brand credibility and drive more sales.
- A+ Content: Enhances product pages with multimedia elements like images, videos, brand story, and enhanced text. It creates engaging product descriptions, showcasing unique features and benefits, ultimately boosting sales and customer engagement.
- Amazon Stores: Offers brand-customizable multi-page stores on Amazon, allowing sellers to showcase their product catalog in a branded and engaging format. It strengthens brand identity and encourages customer exploration and purchases.
- Virtual Bundles: Enables sellers to create curated product bundles, encouraging upsells and cross-sells by presenting complementary items together. It enhances sales opportunities and can increase average order value.
- Sponsored Products: A pay-per-click advertising solution promoting individual product listings. It boosts product visibility in search results and on product pages, targeting customers actively searching for related products, driving traffic and potential sales.
- Manage Your Experiments: Allows sellers to test different content, pricing, and targeting strategies. Sellers can analyze experiment results to optimize listings for better conversion rates and sales growth.
3. Build brand loyalty
Brand Registry empowers sellers to curate and maintain a consistent brand image across Amazon’s platform.
By delivering an authentic and trustworthy brand experience through enhanced content and accurate representation, sellers can cultivate strong connections with customers.
This fosters brand loyalty as consumers associate the brand with reliability, leading to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth referrals.
Here are the features Brand Registry unlocks to help you do just that:
- Video Shopping: Enables sellers to showcase products via live streams or recorded videos. It engages customers with interactive content, offering demonstrations and information, potentially driving sales and enhancing product visibility.
- Subscribe & Save: Allows customers to subscribe to regularly delivered products at discounted prices. Sellers benefit from recurring purchases, fostering customer loyalty and predictable sales.
- Posts: Enables brand registered sellers to create social media-like content on Amazon. It engages customers with interactive posts showcasing products, brand stories, and updates, increasing customer engagement and brand visibility.
- Manage Your Customer Engagement: Empowers sellers to track and respond to customer messages and inquiries efficiently. It ensures timely and personalized communication, enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Buy with Prime: Displays a Prime badge on your brand’s website, signaling fast and free shipping to Prime members even when shopping off-Amazon. It increases trust and attractiveness to Prime customers, potentially boosting sales.
- Product Lifecycle Support: Helps customers make informed purchase decisions by solving product issues with resources such as help guides, how-to videos, and support-contact information directly on the Amazon platform.
4. Inform your strategy
The tools and insights provided by Brand Registry can significantly inform a seller’s overall business strategy.
Access to detailed data on customer behavior, engagement, and conversion metrics allows sellers to make informed decisions.
Here’s where you can find what you need once enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry:
- Brand Analytics: Provides insights into customer behavior and market trends. It offers data on search terms, popular products, and competitor analysis, aiding strategic decision-making for brand registered sellers.
- Brand Referral Bonus: Rewards brand owners for driving traffic to Amazon through external marketing efforts. It incentivizes referrals and can lead to additional revenue for brand registered sellers.
- Brand Metrics Provides a new measurement solution that quantifies opportunities for your brand at each stage of the customer journey in Amazon’s store. It helps you understand the value of different customer engagements that impact the stages of the buying journey.
- Amazon Attribution: Allows sellers to track the performance of off-Amazon marketing efforts. It provides insights into how external campaigns drive traffic and sales on Amazon, aiding in better ROI analysis for marketing strategies.
- Multi-Channel Fulfillment: Enables sellers to fulfill orders from other sales channels using Amazon’s fulfillment network. It streamlines order processing, inventory management, and shipping, offering efficiency and expanded sales channels for sellers.
5. Protect your brand
Finally, Brand Registry serves as a robust shield against counterfeit products and unauthorized use of your intellectual property.
Sellers enrolled in the Brand Registry program can swiftly report and remove counterfeit listings, ensuring a clean marketplace.
This protection extends to safeguarding trademarks and copyrights, preserving brand integrity, and enhancing consumer trust in the authenticity of the products associated with the brand.
Here’s are the tools you get access to in order to protect your brand:
- IP Accelerator: Assists sellers in obtaining trademarks quickly, streamlining the process through a network of vetted law firms. It helps brand owners enroll in Brand Registry faster (even with a trademark pending registration), enhancing brand protection.
- Report a Violation: Allows sellers and brand owners to report intellectual property violations on Amazon. It provides a streamlined way to address and resolve infringement issues concerning trademarks, copyrights, and other IP rights.
- Transparency: Helps brands prevent counterfeit sales by providing unique codes on products, allowing customers to verify authenticity. It offers transparency in the supply chain, boosting trust and confidence in the products.
- Project Zero: Empowers brands to proactively remove counterfeit listings and even access automated protections. It combines machine learning with brand input to continuously improve accuracy in identifying and removing counterfeits.
- Counterfeit Crimes Unit: An Amazon team dedicated to investigating and taking legal action against counterfeiters. It focuses on protecting customers and brands from counterfeit products through investigations and enforcement actions.
Amazon Brand Registry eligibility requirements
To enroll in the Amazon Brand Registry program, sellers will need to provide proof of an active and registered trademark.
The specific documents needed will vary depending on the country your trademark is registered in.
For example, when you open a Brand Registry account with a US trademark, California-based sellers would need:
- Employer Identification Number
- Corporate Entity Number
- Limited Liability Company Entity Number
- Limited Partnerships Entity Number
- Trademark Number (or pending trademark application filed confirmation)
- Proof of trademark ownership/documents
- Manufacturing information/documents
- Product information and images
Or for UK sellers enrolling in Amazon Brand Registry, you’ll need:
- Company Registration Number – England and Wales
- Company Registration Number – Scotland
- Company Registration Number – North Ireland
- TM Number
- Proof of brand trademark ownership/documents
- Manufacturing information/documents
- Product information and images
These criteria will vary slightly based on different states or countries, and can be subject to updates in Amazon’s policies.
It’s recommended to refer to Amazon’s official Brand Registry page for the most current and detailed eligibility requirements.
How to enroll in Amazon Brand Registry
To get your brand enrolled in Amazon Brand Registry:
- Check Eligibility: Ensure your brand meets the eligibility requirements, primarily having a registered trademark.
- Create or Sign in to Your Amazon Account: Log in to your Seller Central account or create one if you don’t have it.
- Start the Enrollment Process: Visit the Amazon Brand Registry page and click “Enroll Now.”
- Provide Brand Information: Enter details about your brand, including the active registered trademark information, such as the registration number, owner information, and countries where the trademark is valid.
- Verify Your Identity: Amazon might require you to verify your identity as the brand owner or authorized representative. This might involve providing additional documentation or information.
- Submit Application: Review and submit your application for Brand Registry.
- Wait for Approval: Amazon will review your application, which may take some time. You’ll receive an email notification once your brand is enrolled.
- Utilize Brand Registry Tools: Once approved, access the tools and features available through Brand Registry to manage and protect your brand on Amazon’s platform.
Keep in mind that the process might vary slightly based on your location and Amazon’s current enrollment procedures.
Always refer to Amazon’s official Brand Registry support pages for the most accurate and updated information on enrolling in the program.
How much does Amazon Brand Registry cost?
Amazon Brand Registry doesn’t have a direct enrollment fee.
It’s typically a free service provided by Amazon to help brand owners protect their intellectual property and have more control over their listings on the platform.
However, it’s important to note that there will be associated costs outside of the enrollment process.
For instance, obtaining a trademark from the relevant government office involves fees.
These fees vary depending on the jurisdiction, type of trademark, and legal assistance you might require during the registration process.
Also, while Brand Registry itself doesn’t have a fee, some of the optional services or features within Brand Registry, such as Amazon’s additional advertising or brand protection services, may have associated costs.
These are often optional and not mandatory for enrollment in Brand Registry.
Is Amazon Brand Registry worth it?
Amazon Brand Registry can offer significant benefits for brand owners and sellers, but whether it’s worth it depends on various factors:
If protecting your brand, maintaining control over listings, and accessing additional Amazon tools are crucial for your business, then Brand Registry can be highly valuable.
However, the decision should be weighed against the associated trademark costs, resource investment, and the importance of brand protection in your business strategy.
Ultimately, for most brand owners, especially those aiming to establish a strong brand presence on Amazon, the benefits of Brand Registry far outweigh the costs and efforts involved.